On dated August 22nd, 2016, a new technique is released to install and run the Package Installer on retail PS Vitas. we managed to get official pkg installer on a CEX vita. Not in IDU mode, so there is no risk to update or brick!
What is the PS Vita Package Installer?
The Package Installer is an official Sony APP for PSVita, that allows to install official DRM Free APPS. It is useful for example to install Netflix on a device that is not supposed to support it such as the PS TV.
- Visit go.henkaku.xyz or use offline installer.
- Then open VitaRW and when you read 0x000000 close it.
- Open VitaShell and press select to open a FTP server. Connect via FTP to your vita from your pc. Browse to “vs0:app” and backup NPXS10031.
- Extract the file that you have downloaded and copy the extracted folder in your “/app” folder.
- If you already got the PKG Installer bubble you can already open and enjoy it
NOTE: DON’T TOUCH FILES IF YOU DON’T KNOW WHAT YOU ARE DOING, IT COULD BRICK YOUR VITA!!!!!!!!