Today, famous hacker yellows8 released a new exploits for 3DS to enter HBL system: menuhax and browserhax. Besides, smea have confimred on Twitter that both of them can work on the latest 3DS firmware 11.0. And they are different with SmileHax, which required some specific 3DS games in order to be activated. These new exploits do not require any game purchase or anything else to run, it makes them extremenly convenient to use.
What are menuhax and browserhax?
Menuhax and browserhax are 3DS exploits that leverage vulnerabilities in the 3DS software. Once installed on the 3DS, they enable unsigned code such as homebrews and emulators to run on the 3DS. At the time of this writing, they are now compatible with the latest 3DS firmware 11.0.
If you’re running on firmware 11.0, the two things you need to do is install these hacks as soon as possible. The Browser on the 3DS now checks that it’s running the latest version and will therefore be patched soon whether you update your console or not. So the process should be get browserhax as soon as possible, to install menuhax. Menuhax won’t be patched unless you upgrade to the next firmware whenever it gets out.
How to download and install Menuhax/browserhax
In order for homebrew to run on your system, you will need to place a few files on your SD card. Download homebrew starter kit, extract it to the root of your SD card, then you’ll get the below files:
- boot.3dsx : this file should be placed at the root of your SD card. It’s what ninjhax/ironhax/tubehax will run first ! Usually, this is the Homebrew Launcher.
- 3ds/ : this folder will contain all the homebrew applications you want to install to your system. You can either place 3DSX files directly inside of that folder, or create an individual folder for each application you install.
Then go to Homebrew Launcher official website to make Payload file, check the below screenshot. And put it into the root of your SD card, remember to rename to “menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin”
- Step 1. Make sure there have Payload file in the root of your SD card, and connect your 3DS console to network
- Step 2. Open 3DS brower and input “http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php”
- Step 3. Click “here” to enter HBL system