Recently, a new product SD2Vita was discussed very hotly on each game forums.
It’s a microSD adapter for the PSVita via the game card slot in a nutshell With this adapter, you can use microSD cards on your
PSVita which will save you quite a buck as Vita memory cards are expensive and the 64GB ones are said not to be too reliable.
- A computer running Windows (XP is also ok)
- A PS Vita with firmware 3.60
- A microSD card and care reader
- WinSCP/Filezilla or some other FTP client
- Win32 Disk Imager
- The driver for microSD adapter (SD2Vita) has 2 versions exist
- Download the zzBlank.img file
Install the driver:
1. f you plan to use your microSD adapter as ux0:, back up your Vita memory card to your computer. You can do this via USB so that it’s quicker. If you want to use your SD2Vita as uma0: (external memory), skip this step
2. Move your ux0:/tai folder to ur0:/tai so that you can use your adapter even if you don’t have the Vita card inserted and it may avoid any path issues while mounting the microSD card
3. Add the sd2vita adapter driver to ur0:/tai/config.txt under the *KERNEL section. The line you’ll be adding will probably be “ur0:tai/gamesd.skprx”
Prepare the microSD card:
1. Put the microSD card into the adapter and connect with computer
2. Open Win32 Disk Imager, and select zzBlank.img. Make sure you’re selecting the microSD in the drive selector and press WRITE
3. Move the microSD card then insert again
4. Format the microSD card to exFAT, select Default allocation as Allocation Unit Size, don’t put in a volume label
5. The set up is finished, copy the backup files to the root directory of microSD card
After all of the steps finished, insert the microSD card to SD2Vita, run HENkaku on your PSVita and now you can enjoy the extra storage!