Today, famous hacker yellows8 released a new exploits for 3DS to enter HBL system: menuhax and browserhax. Besides, smea have confimred on Twitter that both of them can work on the latest 3DS firmware 11.0. And they are different with SmileHax, which required some specific 3DS games in order to be activated. These new exploits do not require any game purchase or anything else to run, it makes them extremenly convenient to use.
What are menuhax and browserhax?
Menuhax and browserhax are 3DS exploits that leverage vulnerabilities in the 3DS software. Once installed on the 3DS, they enable unsigned code such as homebrews and emulators to run on the 3DS. At the time of this writing, they are now compatible with the latest 3DS firmware 11.0.
If you’re running on firmware 11.0, the two things you need to do is install these hacks as soon as possible. The Browser on the 3DS now checks that it’s running the latest version and will therefore be patched soon whether you update your console or not. So the process should be get browserhax as soon as possible, to install menuhax. Menuhax won’t be patched unless you upgrade to the next firmware whenever it gets out.
How to download and install Menuhax/browserhax
In order for homebrew to run on your system, you will need to place a few files on your SD card. Download homebrew starter kit, extract it to the root of your SD card, then you’ll get the below files:
- boot.3dsx : this file should be placed at the root of your SD card. It’s what ninjhax/ironhax/tubehax will run first ! Usually, this is the Homebrew Launcher.
- 3ds/ : this folder will contain all the homebrew applications you want to install to your system. You can either place 3DSX files directly inside of that folder, or create an individual folder for each application you install.
Then go to Homebrew Launcher official website to make Payload file, check the below screenshot. And put it into the root of your SD card, remember to rename to “menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin”
- Step 1. Make sure there have Payload file in the root of your SD card, and connect your 3DS console to network
- Step 2. Open 3DS brower and input “http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php”
- Step 3. Click “here” to enter HBL system
In this post, i will introduce you a new homebrew exploit – Basehaxx, this is a savegame homebrew exploit for the Pokemon ORAS games on 3DS. It’s very easy to use, here i will tell you how to install basehaxx.
Pokemon Omega Ruby/Alpha Sapphire ver 1.0/1.4 with the ability to have a secret base
An access to the homebrew launcher
A 3DS firmware v9.0 – v11.0
1. Make sure you have a secret base and are able to rename your team.
2. Download the latest version of Homebrew Starter Kit and basehaxx_sploit_installer, and unzip to the root directory of your microSD card
3. Backup your save file
4. Access homebrew launcher and run basehaxx sploit installer, then select the firmware and follow the instructions.
5. Run the Pokemon ORAS game and rename your secret team, the basehaxx will be installed and the in-game menu will appear.
6. Just select the first option to enter the homebrew launcher
Here i want to intorduce you a exploit to start 3DS Homebrew diredtly. freakyhax is a QR-code homebrew exploit for the 3DS game Freakyforms Deluxe. The use steps is very simple, please check below.
· A EUR/USA copy of the game (either eShop or cartridge)
· Recent 3DS firmware, including latest (11.0.0-33) as of this writing
Step 1. Download the latest version of freakyhax from https://github.com/plutooo/freakyhax/releases/tag/v0, extract it to the root of your SD card.
Step 2. Then download “otherapp payload” for your 3DS firmware from The Homebrewer Launcher – 3DS website
Step 3. Copy the otherapp bin on your SD card root and rename it to “otherapp.bin”.
Step 4. Download the “homebrew starter kit” from The Homebrewer Launcher – 3DS website and copy to your SD card
Step 5. Now you can start 3DS homebrewer directly, enjoy the game!
In the game menue, you can follow these picks to trigger the exploit: Play → Camera → Load a QR code → pick the image. If it doesn’t work, follow the below Troubleshotting guide.
· Make sure you have freaky.bin and the DCIM directory in your sdcard root.
· Make sure you have a otherapp.bin in your sdcard root.
· Make sure the otherapp.bin matches your firmware version, region and console type (new/old).
If none of the above helps, try the below resetting save file.
· Clear your save by holding A+B+X+Y when the game starts.
· Set your planet name to “a”.
· With minimal effort create 5 formees with name “a”, favourite phrase “a” (you have to go through the tutorial, unfortunately).
· Remove all 5 formees.
· Leave game and enter 3DS Settings. Move date one day forward.
· Start the game again.
· Create a formee with name “a” and favourite phrase “a”.
· Restart the game.
· Trigger the exploit.