Today, a homebrew-enabling exploit for the 3DS that relies on a vulnerability in app/game SmileBASIC by developer Plutoo, the name is SmileHax. This is a “primary” exploit, meaning you don’t need any other exploit or Power Saves to load it.
It sounds a little familiar with similar exploit which released by MrNbaYoh, but they are different. SmileHax exploit is compatible with SmileBASIC 3.3.1, the latest updated of the app, while MrNbaYoh’s exploit was for 3.2.1. Of course, SmileHax exploit is compatible with the latest 3DS firmware, 11.0.0 at the time of this writing.
· A JAP or USA copy of the game (only available on the eShop)
· 3DS console with recent firmware, including latest (11.0.0-33) as of this writing
· Note: For USA versions, currently only 3.31 is supported.
1. Download the homebrew launcher to your microSD card
2. Fill in your firmware version and SmileBASIC version/region, then click the “Create Programs with SmileBASIC” button
3. Enter the following script manually in EDIT mode
4. Switch back to DIRECT mode, and write the following: SAVE INSTALL.
5. After done, the screen will become blue, then green.The game will exit with an “An error has occured” popup.
6. Start the game again. Now you can run SmileHax script!
Smilehax which also works with SmileBASIC update 3.31 and all three Regions(EUR, USA, JPN) ——— 07/24/2016