Some days ago, yellows 8 released a new 3DS exploit: menuhax v3.2. After test, it’s confirmed menuhax v3.2 also support the the newest 3DS V11.2. Compare with the previous version, please check the below information:
Added support for v11.1-v11.2 via bossbannerhax. See README.
Fixed an issue with CSV parsing
Block certain PAD values being used with menuhax-cfg which are used by the system.
Fixed issue where the padcfg got reset when the PAD config wasn’t updated.
The system-version override option is now only enabled if a certain file exists on SD.
Various other changes.
Today, famous hacker yellows8 released a new exploits for 3DS to enter HBL system: menuhax and browserhax. Besides, smea have confimred on Twitter that both of them can work on the latest 3DS firmware 11.0. And they are different with SmileHax, which required some specific 3DS games in order to be activated. These new exploits do not require any game purchase or anything else to run, it makes them extremenly convenient to use.
What are menuhax and browserhax?
Menuhax and browserhax are 3DS exploits that leverage vulnerabilities in the 3DS software. Once installed on the 3DS, they enable unsigned code such as homebrews and emulators to run on the 3DS. At the time of this writing, they are now compatible with the latest 3DS firmware 11.0.
If you’re running on firmware 11.0, the two things you need to do is install these hacks as soon as possible. The Browser on the 3DS now checks that it’s running the latest version and will therefore be patched soon whether you update your console or not. So the process should be get browserhax as soon as possible, to install menuhax. Menuhax won’t be patched unless you upgrade to the next firmware whenever it gets out.
How to download and install Menuhax/browserhax
In order for homebrew to run on your system, you will need to place a few files on your SD card. Download homebrew starter kit, extract it to the root of your SD card, then you’ll get the below files:
- boot.3dsx : this file should be placed at the root of your SD card. It’s what ninjhax/ironhax/tubehax will run first ! Usually, this is the Homebrew Launcher.
- 3ds/ : this folder will contain all the homebrew applications you want to install to your system. You can either place 3DSX files directly inside of that folder, or create an individual folder for each application you install.
Then go to Homebrew Launcher official website to make Payload file, check the below screenshot. And put it into the root of your SD card, remember to rename to “menuhax_ropbinpayload.bin”
- Step 1. Make sure there have Payload file in the root of your SD card, and connect your 3DS console to network
- Step 2. Open 3DS brower and input “http://yls8.mtheall.com/3dsbrowserhax.php”
- Step 3. Click “here” to enter HBL system
In case you don’t have a gateway or sky3ds, i will suggest you new 3DS exploit: FBI This can be an easy way to install Games (mainly). CIA files are basically unsigned code that you can run, so you run anything without any ‘checks’. You must already have a CFW installed for this to work, you can’t run unsigned code on OFW. Once you do that, come back here.
- Download FBI.zip
- Extract the files and copy the FBI folder to the 3ds folder on your SD Card.
- There should be a file called fbi.cia inside the Extracted content, copy this file to the root of your SD Card or you can create a specific folder for .cia files inside the root and copy it there.
- Put your SD Card back into your 3ds and go into your homebrew launcher. Open FBI and navigate to the location of the .cia you just copied and install it.
- You should now have an FBI app in your home menu so you don’t have to use homebrew launcher every time you wanna install something new
For installing CIA files or games, just copy xyz.cia file to your SD card (again in root or a new folder you created in root).
NOTE:Installing large .cia files takes time, don’t worry if it says that the estimated time for installing is 20-30 minutes. It’s completely normal
If you think the tutorials is tedious, you can buy original flashcard from digimartz.com.
- Sky3ds+ (orange button)
* Included all the features of sky3DS;
* Switch game back and forth by two orange buttons;
* More easier to use,copy and play,no diskWriter required;
* Compatible with other 3rd party homebrews;
* AP checks solved;
* Firmware updatable.
- Gateway 3DS
* Gateway 3DS is the world’s first 3DS flash card!
* Support the console within version 4.1-9.2
* Gateway officical website release the news that the next big updates with 10.3 and A9hax support
* Support backup 3DS roms perfectly, and almost all 3DS roms
* Support cia, dlc, eshop, 3ds and nds games
* No region locking
Just a week later behind Basehaxx, developer MrNbaYoh announced that he also has an exploit running on Pokémon Picross. This a secondary exploit to access homebrew launcher and has nicknamed “pichaxx“.
In order to install the hack, you need a primary exploit such as Ninjhax. The hack for Pokémon Picross has not been released yet and MrNbaYoh has not provided any release date.
Pokémon picross is free and only available on the eShop, so whether you’re interested in the hack or not, you might want to download the game before Nintendo remove it from their eShop. Again, at this point no release date has been announced, let alone promised, but the game is free so there’s not much risk in downloading it.
If you want to buy video game accessories, welcome to digimartz.com!