ninjhax 2.7 is a piece of software that allows you to run unsigned code on your 3DS. In practice, this means being able to run homebrew applications such as games, tools and emulators! Additionally, ninjhax 2.0 allows you to run many out-of-region gamecards, as well as use custom themes on your console. What’s pretty awesome is that this runs on the newest 3DS firmware version 11.1.0-34.
- A 3DS, 3DS XL or 2DS console with a firmware version between V9.0 and V11.1
- A microSD card
- A copy of the game CUBIC NINJA, either from retail or eShop (retail is available in US, EU and JPN; eshop was JPN-only)
How do I run ninjhax ?
1. Enter your console’s firmware version, submit and you’ll get your own ninjhax QR code
3. Download the homebrew starter kit and extract it at the root of your SD card.
4. Make sure your 3DS console connected to the internet via wifi
5. Start CUBIC NINJA, choose “Create”, then “QR code”, and finally “Scan QR code”.
6. Scan the QR Code. This step might take a couple tries; make sure you fill up as much of your 3DS’s screen with the QR code. If scanning the QR code returns to menu with an error, try a few more times.
7. Follow the screen instructions.
8. OPTIONAL – once the ninjhax is installed to your gamecard, just go back to the “QR code” menu and it’ll run automatically!
9. OPTIONAL – you can now run homebrew apps on your 3DS! Simply drag and drop application folders into the “3ds/” directory that was created on your SD card by ninjhax.